Sunday 29 August 2010

1455 - Tired of flat tyres

All went well in today’s Sunday sunshine
Until my rear right tyre went pop, then flat
And only yesterday London was mine
I drove there and drove back. Now I know that
We were lucky, but fortune’s wheel is not
So inefficient as to always spin
For me, and can be punctured on a spot
Of glass in Manchester or in London
And after that I can’t keep on winning
So I drove with this flat tyre, trying to find
Somewhere to park, maybe outside my flat
But that’s too far to get to… then within
My mind flits an idea: make a bee-line
For Cedric’s Garage. That’s where my car’s sat…

3 comments:

  1. I used to go to Kwik Fit but it's much better to use local tradesmen and businesses - Small is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jude - yes, true - but above all, I've been very happy with Cedric's garage in the past when I've used it. But it's especially good that they employ local guys from the Hulme or Moss Side areas of Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried a place called manchester tyres, there pretty good and competitively priced.

    ReplyDelete