Tuesday 24 August 2010

1450 - Orange country

My second full day in the Netherlands
I woke up late after the night before
Where, in Durty Nelly's, I had watched Man
City beat Liverpool, then gone out for
A couple of late smokes. Today was more
About going to Delft. I caught the train
And saw the Dutch landscape; the upper floor
Gave good views of Haarlem, Leiden and then
Den Haag, just before Delft, a neat old town
Also built on canals. Water, flat land -
Just like East Anglia. Next, one more tour
Of the Red Light District - I've still not found
Many women in windows where they stand
Showing their wares (but I am now too poor...!)

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't waste my euros on that anyway if I were you Tony, I'm sure you can get that for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red light was the 'stop' sign as far as I was concerned, Jude - it certainly wasn't a red rag to a bull.

    ReplyDelete