Thursday 19 August 2010

1445 - A spot of bother

I hate it when I scratch an unknown spot
It’s agony, and not recommended
When I scratched between my eyebrows, I’d not
Reckoned on the spot being there. ‘Oh shit!’
I thought, but didn’t vocalise, as it
Happened today while sat in the office
Where swearing ain’t no promotion ticket
The kind of place where one can’t say, ‘Oh piss!’
Eyebrows would be raised, and I’d have to kiss
Goodbye to success. Some do lose the plot
At work; they find themselves isolated
And often respond going off with stress
But most are made of sterner stuff than that
A spot of bother shouldn’t flip our lid

3 comments:

  1. I swore at work yesterday 'oh shit' I said because I was trying to go home and thought I'd made a mistake writing up a research job. I hadn't, so my swearing was needless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yesterday but on Tuesday - must try to be accurate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must do better, Jude!! Next time, the naughty corner...

    ReplyDelete