Thursday 26 August 2010

1452 - Abroad thoughts from home

I can’t think of much that’s happened today
I’m back in England, back at work, it’s true
As time goes on th’ impulse to get away
Gets stronger and stronger the longer you
Live, and also if you’ve a bob or two
Then what’s better to do than fly somewhere
Some other patch of land where houses do
Not look quite the same as at home, and their
Way of talking’s so strange, their face and hair
Is somehow different from those down your way
Phone boxes are red at home; there, they’re blue
And the mad way they drive’s enough to scare
The shit out of you. But you better pray
You packed your passport. Where is it? Oh poo!

2 comments:

  1. I don't pack poo myself, I just make that as I go along.

    I'm off to France, wha hay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vraiment? Ou en France? Bretagne, je pense...

    ReplyDelete