Thursday 12 August 2010

1438 - Loretta's complaint

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain
The rain in Manchester makes man wetter
In Liverpool the pools slither down drains
In Leeds raindrops like beads drip from sweaters
In Hull the reservoirs are full; s’better
Than the Kalahari or Sahara
But don't mention rain, it will upset her
Who will it upset? Sarah O'Hara
Who I hear is in south Algeria
But here I fear a higher fall of rain
Than in Damietta or Rosetta
Which means without rain land’s inferior
In the desert interior, that’s plain
So don’t complain about rain, Loretta!

3 comments:

  1. I love the rain, but now I have to go with lovely boyfriend on his boat so I hope it doesn't rain today ... but I fear it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun getting soaking wet, though Jude!

    ReplyDelete