Monday 9 August 2010

1435 - Loss of love

I must admit it would be kind of nice
To feel once more and kiss the sweet soft skin
Of a woman, and to observe her face
As I liberate longings from within
Whether or not she’s prepared to begin
Unlocking my mysteries, on a voyage
Into the unknown pleasures of a man
That can’t compare to a bird in a cage
Or a dog on a lead. They’ll spend an age
Lavishing love on these, but it’s a vice
To love a man for nothing in return
Except love itself, it seems, so the stage
Is reached where it does not feel worth the price
And so till then I’m looking and dreaming

5 comments:

  1. It's me again. Well I'm in love with my boyfriend, so this poem isn't for me in my current mood! I'll have to wait for heartbreak to identify with you I'm afraid.
    Sorry, too happy for today's sonnet, la la la x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's not written in your own voice though as women must throw themselves at your feet for love alone

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm sure if I wasn't potty about Matt I'd be one of the Beatle type fan-women screaming at you with a great fringe, unable to stop myself sobbing with hysteria ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - thanks v much jude. i was just wondering what to wrote about, under the usual time pressure, and this came out. i must try to write more about love, not that i know much about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, I just wrote a song about love for which I posted the lyrics on my blog

    ReplyDelete