Sunday 15 August 2010

1441 - Yellow and green scene

The sky is yellow and the leaves are green
What does this colour combination mean
Or rather, what other things have I seen
That remind me of just yellow and green?

A two point ball on a snooker table
A springtime park or lawn with daffodils
At Carrow Road, Norwich playing football
Looking out from the beach before a squall

The flag of Jamaica, with added black
Parrots that squawk, and maybe ducks that quack
The Orient Express along its track
The markings on a scaly slithery snake

The sky is pink now, the leaves are still green
What does this colour combination mean?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know - I think as I read this, you should listen to 'Stromatolites' on reverbnation. It's only fair and it's hook is 'blue-green bacteria'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and green's a mean scene, er, Judeen... OK, I will do that...but after tonight's poem!

    ReplyDelete