Tuesday 6 July 2010

1398 - Tower of Bayview

A morning’s thrash on guitar in the house
Some jamming, some practice for that night’s show
Of which I was a part. Lunch in Durrus
With Andy and Jeff. Chicken, chips and coke…
In Bayview Inn, Kilcrohane, we three took
Part in a writer’s workshop, giving me
Three new poems or lyrics that I stuck
On paper; enjoyed chatting to the three
Or so I didn’t know. The pub fairly
Full of locals, some chatty, some morose
As they sat with their beers and let it go
On around them. The background noise tricky
To overcome, even with a raised voice -
Yet speaker volume had to be kept low
Sat 3 July

2 comments:

  1. it was a hard gig, tone
    but if nothing else the workshop
    was fun! I enjoyed doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I called it Tower of Bayview - i.e. Tower of Babel. So much noise....

    ReplyDelete