Monday 19 July 2010

1414 - Hey Jude

Hey Jude, it only seems like yesterday
You saw me standing there, fool on the hill
That long and winding road to a hard day
Might in the end need your bungalow, Bill
I played it cool, four thousand holes to fill
Or fix, cos I’m the taxman, oh girl, girl
Was your magical mystery tour a thrill?
You’re something to this nowhere man: the world
Is at your command. Say say say the word
I’ve got to get you in my life, blue J
We can work it out, Jude, help me, I will
Hold your hand, come together like the birds
In the trees. Don’t let me down. Here I’ll stay
Another day. From me to you, until…

5 comments:

  1. Well I am a Beatle nut so I do get 'em .. boy you have been cramming them in - ... the incident I presume is the one that happened on the way to the lighthouse ... but I wouldn't leave you in the bog, dear dear Tony ...

    Thank you so much for our Beatle sonnet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure Jude - I sat in the sun in a London square and wrote that x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing! I swore I wouldn't follow poets anymore... and now I'll have to eat my words! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendilea! Please follow me! Follow you follow me, as Genesis sang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing as Wendilea says!

    ReplyDelete