Tuesday 13 July 2010

1408 - Clever clogs

Well done Pearl, you got a first from Oxford!
Tonight we’ll have a curry on the town
The tension’s done at last; it’s now all poured
Away like today’s rain that’s fallen down
Even you hardly believe it; it’s bound
To take some taking in. There aren’t many
I know with firsts, though I have been around
Quite a few with thirsts (for beer), frequently
What next’s the question, after our curry
After your Stateside holiday on board
A (hopefully comfortable) Greyhound
Bus…Well, whatever; what will be will be
It’s not a race anyway. We applaud
You, clever daughter! Pass the naan bread round!

4 comments:

  1. Well this is good. Congratulations! Mind you, I got a first from Oxford and look at me now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Another clever clogs! Reminds me of Reginald Perrin, the comedy show. CJ used to say things like, "I didn't get where I am today by being clever!"

    True - you have to be nasty and selfish! I'm trying to learn that but I'm not very good at it! Thanks Jude for comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm practising being nasty and selfish but I'm rubbish at that xxx

    ReplyDelete