Saturday 31 July 2010

1425 - Greeced lightning

I shall arise and fly by Easyjet
To the isles of Greece; no, to the mainland
Greece is a place that I’ve not been to yet
Though a holiday in May had been planned
(Due to flight cancellation, abandoned)
Athens, here I come; hiya, hired car!
(On October the fifth). So this weekend
I’ll plan my itinerary. Not far
From Athens to Delphi, oracular
Centre of ancient wisdom. Then I’ll get
To the Peloponnese and western strands
Course you must see Corfu; Albania
As well, maybe. It shouldn’t be as wet
As it’s been here lately. It should be grand!

2 comments:

  1. You get around! I suspect it is the hired car syndrome. I went to the Peloponnese once and met a family who came from Texel and drove around with them. The father had lost half a finger in the war. I went to see him on his tulip farm in Texel later.

    BTW some people consider the Peloponnese an island since the construction of the Corinth Canal in 1893.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice biblical / Yeats echo in the first line.

    I'm not sure you will get 'some peace there' though, as you will be mostly 'on the road' from this account.

    ReplyDelete