Monday 26 July 2010

1421 - Autumn holiday

I’m wondering about my holiday
Later this year. Greece was where I was bound
Until the flight was cancelled back in May
So I decided to save a few pounds
And wait a few months till finance was sound
By September I should have itchy feet
And take-off should be achieved from the ground
So many places to choose from, like Crete
Driving round Lake Geneva: what a treat
Perhaps Reykjavik, Stockholm or Norway
Berlin’s U-Bahn has a real underground
Feel. The Côte d’Azur has places to eat
Leningrad (sorry, St Petersburg; they
Shouldn’t change names). I may see you around!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh you are really harsh on places for changing names! I like it when places and people change names, makes more variety!

    Unless it is rebranding, like when the Post Officer were going to call themselves Consignia

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you will write the corset sonnet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - corset'll get written, Jude x

    ReplyDelete