Tuesday 6 July 2010

1396 - To the land of music and poetry

I drove the two lads from Manchester to
South West County Cork, Ireland, in my car
So we can take part in two arty shows
Kids’ Express on Friday (when the real stars
Will be kids with their poems); travelling far
And wide to get here. Then Saturday night
It’s Poets’ Express. I’ll play my guitar
And sing my Four Sonnets, get the words right
(I hope!)… This time we sailed, not past midnight,
But twelve noon, bouncing, rocking as surf rose
And fell. Deadly on deck, for it was far
Quicker: two hours, not four. Dublin in bright
Sunshine; County Kildare, Offaly too;
Kilkenny, County Cork, Sheep’s Head. Ta-daa!
Thur 1 July

2 comments:

  1. forgot we cleared so many towns heading across! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep mate - there were an offaly lot of places to go through... (groan)

    ReplyDelete