Sunday 26 December 2010

1574 - De-icing on the cake

It's Boxing Day evening, I'm back at home
It's been a hectic day... Drove from my mum's
Hunching to peek between ice crystals sewn,
It seemed, onto my windscreen, despite tons
Of de-icer spray. As the engine hums
And roars, the ice melts, and I passed Helsby
Turning to see its Christmas card visions
Rooftops of snow, though mainly seventies
Rooftops, cul-de-sacs; wooded hill lofty
A green pudding with a white custard dome
Seen from the M56 with quick turns
Of the head to the right, then back to the
Front, and on to Wilmslow; then we are gone
Me and Josie, Pearl and Louis - what fun!

2 comments:

  1. How poetic - a green pudding with a white custard dome - and tasty!

    That de-icer spray got put in some cheap alcohol didn't it at some point and poisoned people.

    I hope you had a lovely Boxing Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuk - still I spose at least it warmed people up from the inside!

    Thanks Jude - hope you did too x

    ReplyDelete