Thursday 2 December 2010

1550 - The big chill

It's cold it's cold it's brass monkeys big chill
Could be as cold as '63 or worse
The year I was born we went through the mill
Although I like the snow, I must confess
Let's look on the bright side in all of this
Global warming may not be after all
As hot an issue as it appeared last
Year or last decade. As temperatures fall
Let's feel secure, let's feel comfortable
In the frozen north. Shivering has appeal
Compared to desertification. This
Means the Sahara won't now spread its thrall
To Italy, to southern France. I will
Celebrate such seasonal differences

3 comments:

  1. it is cold ain't it? I'm off to New York, surely it will be warmer there ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it'll probably be COLDER at this time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is colder but it's also less damp and feels warmer. I love it!

    ReplyDelete