Tuesday 7 December 2010

1554 - Late night thoughts

I'm tired and drunk, it's two in the morning
I've popped a hot water bottle in bed
And now, though so late, before retiring,
I am by sonnetary duty led
I have to write fourteen lines from my head
Though it's barely functioning, it is screwed
Back from Liverpool, where I had been led
To the Academy, musical food
Served up by Electric Six, though not crewed
By the original line-up. Taking
Me back to Manchester, the train then fed
Me to an extremely cold night. I moved
As quickly as I could through the shopping
Centre, now closed, heading towards Salford

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like the Electric Six. I was just talking bout them the other day to Matt, he said he likes them too. Loving the rhymes and word stretching 'screwed' and 'crewed'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thankyou ma'am! Yeah, i loved the album - actually the one I like least is Danger High Voltage - it's funny but it doesn't really get going enough for me. they didn't do that one because there was no woman in the band anymore. They only did two or three i recognised in fact - altho I was well out of it so can't be sure!

    ReplyDelete