Thursday 30 December 2010

1578 - Lodger, where can you be?

Although I'm generally happy alone
I'm only human and it gets lonely
Mind you, alone's good for getting things done
Like tonight, when writing a song took three
Hours. That could not be done with company
That said, I placed an ad for a lodger
On returning skint from Greece and Turkey
My bank balance red as a tomato
I need the money more than the chatter
I received emails and gave out my phone
Number. Some guys viewed it, well, two or three
But single bed, rough carpet and boiler
Put them off. A girl liked it, but she's gone
With this landlord murderer news story

The story in the news is that her older landlord is suspected of strangling young Bristol architect Joanne Yeates. That'll definitely put off any girls renting the flat, I expect (it needs someone with their own double bed, and she said she was interested, and has her own double bed). But that isn't gonna happen now. So I'm trying to take the positives and make the most of my free time. If one can do that with virtually no spends!

3 comments:

  1. it's funny how obsessed the country is with this Joanne Yeates story - is it something to do with it happening this week that has brought it to the fore in the public consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - it's strange how some stories get heavy news coverage and others just as bad don't. It must be some sort of random process, part of which must be the lack of other stories at that time that can run for more than a day or two. Remember how long the Madeleine McCann story ran? Some papers e.g. the Daily Express, seemed to want to keep it going long past its sell-by date, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete