Saturday 4 December 2010

1552 - Thoughts of a typist, sorry, writer

A rare day spent on writing poetry
Rewriting two poems; they weren't first drafts
I posted one of them for folk to see
On Write Out Loud, where I hoped to attract
A few comments and I have, so that's that
I have the other one still up my sleeve...
Yesterday, while at work, engaged in chat
With a pal in Newcastle, I conceived
An idea for a novel, play, even
About a comedian misanthrope
Although he's nasty, I'll play it for laughs
Funny's better than serious, I believe
This guy has no sense of humour, you see
Until he writes it down, becomes relaxed

2 comments:

  1. What fun to read your blog in New York! Rewrite, rewrite, rewrite ... what hard work ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jude - I must C what you're up 2 in NYC

    ReplyDelete