Saturday 18 December 2010

1566 - Wirral squirrels

A better day today, despite the snow
Managed to drive along the motorway
Taking Josie to my mum's bungalow
In the pleasant Wirral town of Greasby
Not far from Birkenhead and Wallasey
As you head west from Manchester you find
Less winter ice and snow, invariably
Wirral's near the coast, where the climate's kind
Unlike inland, those bleak moors and Pennines
Bad for the health, and cars can get stuck, so
The west is the best on a winter's day
After this fun day, able to unwind
Paid for my cable, email fixed, good go
On guitar (using a pick) - play away...

3 comments:

  1. yes it's been a bit snowy, but the climate isn't always kind at the coast, I have been whipped in the face by teh sand at Southport and Blackpool - ow! ow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could remember the words of 'Sandstorm' by Cast... Still, imagine what the bleedin' Sahara is like, eh Jude? Give me Blackpool beach any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there's a sheikh like Rudolf Valentino I'd prefer the bleedin' Sahara, Tony

    ReplyDelete