Monday 27 December 2010

1575 - A toast... to toast

Believe it or not, I've had no toaster
Since I moved into this flat years ago
And although I'm not much of a boaster
I now have something about which to crow
My mother had a spare toaster, and so
She offered it to me, and I snatched it
I now have most mod cons, some still to go
But at making toast I can now practise
White, brown or wholemeal, but always thin-sliced
Or else you get no jam on toast, no sir
Instead you get toast jammed in toaster, so
Choose with care down at the supermarket
This is another way to beat frosty
Evenings. They'll fly by with toast, don't you know?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, warming toast between red hot wires and wondering what jam to choose. A nice sunrise of butter and marmalade after a long winter's snooze. Now that's what I call homey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, makes me want some of that right now, Wendilea!!! (I like the rhyming, too...)

    ReplyDelete