Tuesday 30 November 2010

1547 - The car thief

Tonight, a trip out west to the Wirral
Peninsula, for a poetry night
In the Moreton Arms, free buffet and all
And cash prizes, but things didn't go right
I ran out of time, unable to quite
Finish the second poem; didn't win
But at least many there were quite polite
About my stuff, so that was consoling
As you know, the weather has been freezing
I couldn't unlock the car; nearly called
The RAC. Andy's face full of fright
The barman brought a kettle, tried pouring
Hot water on the doors to no avail
Cos my car was two cars down to the right!
Sad but true - I was trying to break into someone else's dark red Fiesta! Doh! I got called a doughnut, and I merited the description.

3 comments:

  1. donut is the name of my poetry publisher, doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donut worry bout it, Jude! Doh...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just been reading you last week of blogs... What an amazing commitment, to write something each day! and for it to be better than average, And don't get me wrong, much of this is. Particularly liked this one, lol. Reminds me of trying to get into a similar car to mine one time. What made you choose the sonnet form? and do you store up poems from a good day when you might write more than one? See you round and about, Win x

    ReplyDelete