Sunday 28 November 2010

1546 - News from the North West

I've never seen the film, North By Northwest
Or even Vertigo, both by Hitchcock
I must surely stand out from all the rest
For not having seen Rear Window, all blocks
To my omniscient goal. But wait - the box -
Specifically Film Four - is now showing
The first of those three all-time classic flicks
OK, the plot and dialogue's creaking
Like my old mattress every year; speaking
Of beds, the French guy didn't look impressed
With the spare room's single bed; and so it looks
Like another no-go in my renting
Attempts. Still, when payday comes, I'll invest
Fifteen more quid in an ad. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. How come you haven't seen these films before ... what did you think?

    And why don't you use Gumtree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this sonnet by the way . And by the way there is a reason I read your sonnet blog. And it's not becoz you comment on mine. I actually enjoy your sonnets - wow, I actually enjoy your poetry (I don't enjoy all poetry btw) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jude - I appreciate it x

    Well I thought North By Northwest was a bit predictable - but then it was the fifties! It was OK. I still haven't seen those other two Hitchcock classics. I have seen bits of them but I've never seen the whole film. Jimmy 'Wah' Stewart is a bit annoying as well, it must be said!

    ReplyDelete