Sunday 21 November 2010

1539 - The Italian nut job

A very odd event happened today
I placed an advert for my flat online
I got some emails and replied, so they
Had my mobile phone number. Some declined
To ring, but others did - three men took time
To make enquiries (all of them foreign)
One of them texted later (changed his mind)
Another didn't turn up for viewing
But the third one was the really strange one
He said he was Italian, and by day
Was a trainee chef at college; tea-time
He worked in a posh city restaurant
All untrue - when I went there, there's no way
The staff had heard of him. He had been lying!

2 comments:

  1. Oh why are you letting your flat. That third one sounds perfect! I like lying men that's why I've been married twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude - I need more money - plus it'd be nice to have some company. Anyway, I met the guy today - he does seem genuine, and a nice enough guy. The restaurant receptionists are Polish women - apparently they are b*tches and a law unto themselves. one is untouchable because she is in a relationship with one of the managers!
    Oh, if only I could lie - but I'm too proud, or stupid, to do it!!

    ReplyDelete