Thursday 3 February 2011

1613 - One man band blues

Tonight in Bolton it's Guitar and Verse
They forecast heavy rain was gonna fall
I drove through light rain, it coulda been worse
Parked near the bar, not far to meet 'em all
Well the two or three who were there - not full
But I was early. Tuned up, strummed awhile
Gradually there came more and more people
Some with morose faces, some with a smile
Some came from afar, some just came a mile
As usual when I'm singing, so nervous
I forget the words learned in rehearsal
Perplexing when the song seems so simple
The audience didn't know all of the words
Either, thank God. Lyrics are my downfall

2 comments:

  1. Bolton! My home town ... I hope you rocked the Spinning Mules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - Bolton - the venue = Butterflies, a newish bar. It's a good venue for poetry and singing. I rocked q well, just forgot the words once or twice!

    ReplyDelete