Wednesday 23 February 2011

1633 - Dark thoughts

Walking through Manchester before the dawn
The 6.33 from Piccadilly
To Glasgow is the train I must get on
As I hurry through dark streets, already
Security guards smoke in a doorway
Shadowy figure makes me feel alarmed
As I pass by his dark narrow alley
My need for speed helps me in keeping warm
Maybe it's tension - it'd be no storm
In a teacup to miss this northbound train
It would be like career hara-kiri
I pull out my mobile to check the time
Fifteen minutes to get to the platform
Thank God for that - looks like I'll be okay

2 comments:

  1. What are you going to Glasgow for Tony? Work I guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Jude - chairing a meeting. With the train journeys and all, it was a 15-hour day. Enjoyed it tho - money is tight these days for travelling about anywhere.

    ReplyDelete