Sunday 3 October 2010

1490 - Not so sunny Sunday

I’m writing this in total peace and quiet
Well, it’s quite quiet, apart from a noisy
Dog outside. Got a new Wilson Pickett
CD to play, and then I think I’ll see
‘Control’ with the director’s commentary
On DVD. Then, Match of the Day 2
Liverpool lost at home to Blackpool! The
Ryder Cup golf has mainly made the news
Because of heavy rainfall. Play lasts through
Monday, having to finish a day late
The Commonwealth Games began in Delhi
It’s dark by seven now, and that tells you
To close curtains, turn heat on for comfort
But I’ll hope for some Greek sun from Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Noisy dog, I've got one of them. I feel like I'm living your life in this poem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee - I expect it's a cute noisy dog xx

    ReplyDelete