Saturday 15 January 2011

1594 - Tut tut, King Tut

There's a Tutankhamun exhibition
In Manchester, at the Trafford Centre
We took some pictures, me and Josephine
I might put them on Facebook tomorrow
The real stuff's in Egypt, or collectors'
Posh homes. This is a touring show that's from
Germany. It won't go to London, no
Or anywhere else in the UK. Some
Other country next. Akhenaten
Was his dad, who only worshipped the sun
Tutankhamun married his own sister
Their kids were still-born, and King Tut died young
His was the first pharaoh's tomb unopened
Into Egypt's past it was a window

3 comments:

  1. I went to the Tutenkhamen exhibition in London many years ago, and it was magnificent. I get a bit confused with the the names and the fights of the pharaohs, I'm hoping it's going to be a subejct for your poetry in the future, to educate me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tut tut indeed!

    Oooh I don't know about that Jude. If there's an opportunity cover Egyptology again, be sure i will!

    ReplyDelete