Friday 14 January 2011

1593 - Read all about it - Jack the Ripper is posh

Here in the office I can't stop yawning
Was watching a film till half-one last night
It showed Jack the Ripper and his ripping
Not too gory though, didn't try to fright
Instead it concentrated on the plight
Of the inspector, played by Michael Caine
And sidekick Lewis Collins, trying to right
The panic in the streets of London. Stain
Of blood on cobbled back streets. The black fame
Of high-born suspects used to carousing
And whoring in Whitechapel. Lord, they might
Be the Ripper! Such scandal about slain
Prostitutes could prove destabilising
To Queen and government. Best keep it quiet...

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes oh dear ... films about Jack the Ripper ... maybe some copycat murders could be committed at the customs and excise offices ...

    I should get my poetry book this weekend. Isn't that exciting? I only have a limited number of author copies, sadly ... basically one for Matt and my mum and Jon Snow - that's about it, oh well, still come to the launch if you can! ... Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will Jude - I'll get the tickets and let you know when I do..!

    ReplyDelete