Monday 27 September 2010

1484 - Brothers in arms

The Labour Conference here in Manchester
Was newsworthy before it quite began
The leadership election brought drama
When the narrow choice was Ed Miliband
Over the favourite, David, ex-Foreign
Secretary, the establishment choice
Diane Abbott, Ed Balls, Andy Burnham
All left for dead; just those Miliband boys
Battling it out, too close to call. The voice
Called ‘Ed!’ and Dave was a tragic figure
Should he have stood against old Gordon Brown?
Dave’s wife in tears today, the whole thing poised
For more drama; tomorrow’s theatre
Will be Ed’s maiden speech. Is he the man?

2 comments:

  1. You write poems about news, just like me! Have you read my book? No, because it's not out yet ... will be soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen something from it, Jude - but if not, I look forward to it! x

    ReplyDelete