Friday 22 April 2011

1691 - Newsflash - all sonnets now posted

Hey mate, my sonnets are now up to date
The old ones are all there on the website
'Old Onions' - see the link? - you mustn't wait
Click on it now, now you must click on it
They're all there, from when I started to write
On September Fifth 2006
Almost half a decade ago, one night
Not long after I left my wife, upped sticks
And moved from Wilmslow to Salford. These tricks
These fourteen lines per night have been a great
Way of keeping a diary. It's been quite
A challenge, but a fun one, and I've mixed
It with history, news, what's on my plate
What's on my desk, in my head, wrong or right

2 comments:

  1. I think poetry's a nice thing to do after you leave your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife didn't understand me (sob...)

    ReplyDelete