Tuesday 29 March 2011

1667 - A little touch of Tony in the night

I'm tired today, must go to bed early
To accompany me, I've Tony Blair
Or rather, his autobiography
To ensure that I snore once I get there
It's a big heavy hardback, weighs a fair
Few pounds, and covers ten years as PM
Three election victories for Labour
Meant his children grew up in Number Ten
But he never did shake off Gordon Brown
Despite the protests, Blair seems utterly
Convinced his actions were both right and fair
Domestically maybe he did well then
His downfall was in foreign policy
Overcome by his religious fervour

2 comments:

  1. My friend Anita got selected for the Arvon/Jerwood poetry mentoring year with DAljit Nagra! This sounds like an ad but it's not, just chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I remember Anita, she was nice. Good luck to her for that!!

    ReplyDelete