Friday 20 November 2009

1173 - Throw it out

My optician’s appointment was cancelled -
Elaine is ill. But a new appointment
Tomorrow at nine. If she’s got a cold
She might not be well then, either. I went
Shopping instead, and ordered from Comet
A new fridge, coming tomorrow. I looked
Into the storage spaces in my flat
And dug out lots of old unwanted books
And a few DVDs, and then I took
Them all to Oxfam, where they will be sold
On Oxford Road to young and fresh students
Who, like me years ago will praise their luck
On finding these classics, cheap words of gold
Spellbinding new minds where my own once went

2 comments:

  1. just more perfection.how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerry

    To be honest, it's just practice, like anything else! Many thanks

    Tony

    ReplyDelete