Saturday 2 August 2014

2905 - Not going Hungary

My last full day in Hungary - oh, shame!
Big breakfast followed all too soon by lunch
Enjoyable food though, guilty all the same
For not eating more delicious duck. Scrump-
tious it was, but if I had munched more munch
It would have been greedy. Hopefully they
Can enjoy it this coming week. Feet crunched
On gravel, trod lightly on sand, away
On Szentendre Island beach campsite, my
First river swim, and it's the Danube.* I'm
So pleased we went there. Then, ferry to Vac
Wandered round that old town. Miklos showed me
Some of the sights of Leanyfalu* though time
And light was against us. Supper. Wine. Slump

* The very small beach was at the head of the island in the Danube, just beyond the small island resort town of Kisorozso
*Leanyfalu, pronounced something like Layanfalu

Tue 29 July


No comments:

Post a Comment